Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reclaim Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefoxoctober

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2001
US
I am having problems with a very old cc:Mail database. When I run analyze and chkstat, I have no problems, and the processes end successfully. When I try to run reclaim on the databases, I get an error message "database file cannot be renamed" RECLAIM process ended with error: 1. I have run the process as the administrator and using my user account, so I know I have rights to the files in the directory on the server. Is there a way to rename the database manually? I realize I'm asking a lot, as this is a very, very old version of the software. The clients are running either 2.10, or 6.03. I think the Post Office was bought in 1994, but I don't have a version number for it. Thanks.

It sounds as if something else may have a file or files open. I've had random problems like this in the past that were solved by moving the CCDATA directory before running maintenance on it so that there was much less possibility of something re-attaching to the files.

Frank Hardwick

IF you hv not done so, shutdown the PO before chkstat & reclaim. OSo, identify from the reclaim log the file i.e. is prevented from renaming, then, chk its file attributes for the reason. Did you chk you hv enough disk space as well ? Any apps, beisdes the ccMail, locks it ? e.g. anti-virus s/w or tape backup s/w.

Chkstat belongs to Db6 database, so, yr util must be v5.1x.
Not sure if this helps,excpet that I once worked with ccMail.

thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back