Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reclaim a call with Gigaset on IP-DECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

psmit

Vendor
Apr 22, 2005
NL
one of my customers has an IP-DECT with Gigaset E45 handsets. Once I converted the IPUI to EPEI numbers it works very well.
But the next question arises: if you want to transfer a call to another extension but no-one answers, you want to have control over the call again. There are no appearance keys available to select the original call. The closed thing to do it is to use a SC clear call. To enter a shortcode I was told, you have to dial "R*53". Only the "R" key is enough. but if someone does answer the call but refuses the call to be transferred, you want to take the call back but at that time the "R" isn't enough.
Does someone has experience with this?

It works the same as with the 3701 or 3711

You just need to press the R

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

There is a option in he users telephony setting wich has influence on the way the "R" key works:

Answer Call Waiting on Hold (Analog): Default = On
Applies to analog and IP DECT extension users only. If the user has a call waiting and places their current call on hold, the waiting call is automatically connected.

This means that pressing "R" will get you connected to the waiting caller and then your stuck... Pressing "R" again will connect you to the waiting caller and you cannot transfer or disconnect either of the calls.

I advise to disable this feature and then the user must/can use shortcodes for transferring, consultancy calls, disconnect calls, starting conferences etc by using shortcodes after pressing the "R" key.

Try and use both settings you will notice the difference and can decide for yourself how to set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back