Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recipients Received Emails Multiple Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartin35

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2001
US
Recently someone in our company sent out a broadcast email to about 8000 recipients. A handful received the email multiple times some 20, 40, 50, and up to 100 times, while most only received a single email. Exchange tracking shows that only a single email was sent per recipient. The emails also go through a secure email server to see if they should be encrypted. Those logs also show a single email was passed. I was unable to get hold of any of the duplicate emails to check the header. Anyone out there ever heard fo this happening or have any suggestions how to pin down a root cause?

Thanks

Hmm.

Group membership? i.e. They are members of many DL's or nested DL's that were also mailed to?

Neill

Not that I can find. The email address list in this case was imported from an excel spreadsheet. I checked the spreadsheet for duplicates and for hidden cells with duplicates and it came up clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back