Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recipient Policy not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

K10S

Technical User
Aug 21, 2003
GB
Hello All,
Am new to this forum, am setting up a W2k SBS server. Have 3 companies working from one server, with 3 different mail addresses. I tried setting up 3 recipient policies, and I think I have done that ok. I have setup 3 new Org units in the AD, and created 3 more Org units called Users below them, then added the users there. Now i run the apply policy, but it seems the only policy being applied is the DEFAULT policy. If I test by removing the 3 new policies I have setup and ammend the DEFAULT policy, my addresses do appear, but not if I add my own policies.

Please help, thank you

Ok, have worked on this last night, and found out that only the DEFAULT policy will be applied when exchange 2000 is in Mixed mode, so I have changed it to NATIVE mode and it now applies the new policy that I have created.

The only problem I have now is how to ger the LDAP query working properly. As I mentioned I created new OU's in the AD and I inserted my 3 sites there, under that I inserted the users for each site, and I want the recipient policy to be applied according to OU. I follow the steps in the recipient policy setup and apply it to the OU, but it gets applied to all users in the AD. please advise.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back