Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recipient does not receive graphics sent from Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnieBlueEyes

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
US
Our office uses Exchange Server 2000 and my computer uses Office 2000 Premium. When I forward e-mails that have pictures included in the body of the e-mail (such as a jpeg file), the recipients do not receive the pictures. If I send it internally, that works; but if I send it to outside contacts, either my program or the server must be stripping the e-mail of the pictures.

This is a difficult thing to search for because I don't know which key words to use, although I feel I've tried everything. I've looked at pages and pages of the entries in this forum and others, but I don't see anything that addresses this problem.

I would appreciate any thoughts on what setting I need to change to allow the pictures to get through. I have tried forwarding to myself before forwarding to my contacts (which was suggested to me) and I can't always save the image in order to send it as an attachment, which I have done for some of the e-mails.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Anne

Look under Tools, Options, Mail Format tab. Select 'Send pictures from the internet'

Thanks. I had selected that option on my individual e-mail but not as a default selection for all mail. I'll try again and will get back to you when I find out if it worked.

Thanks for the tip!

Anne

I would check in for more help with Exchange 2000.

Does this happen to ALL recipients? If you test to a hotmail/yahoo/gmail account, it still happens?

What happens if you send the email as plain text, but add the images as attachments?

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

My test e-mail last night was to a Yahoo account and it still didn't work. I'm beginning to think that the problem lies within the Exchange server, but I've looked all through that forum also and haven't been able to find anything. I guess I'll have to research some more in that area.

When I can save the image as an attachment, the recipients will receive the attachment; however, sometimes I can't even save the image from the body of the e-mail, which is why I'm trying to figure out why they won't forward correctly. I'll try sending it as a plain text instead of html and see if that works. I'll let you know asap!

Thanks for the tips!

Anne

FYI, when I select forward and then change to plain text, the picture goes away!

I'll look more into the Exchange forum. Thanks for your help!!!

Anne

Yes, 'plain text' sends only plain text; imbedded pictures will not be included unless they are attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back