Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recieving error when refreshing report from the Crystal Web Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumalander

Technical User
Aug 21, 2001
US
I am using Crystal 8.0 and the Web component server. I am using an ODBC connection to a MS SQL database for my reports. When refreshing the reports from the Crystal Web Viewer, I encounter the following error: "Error in File: Can not open SQL Server: on Page Server "

This error is not consistent. Sometimes I can refresh the reports and have no problem. Other times I get this error. If the report contains no parameters and the error occurs, it happens as soon as the refresh button is clicked. If the report contains parameters, the username and password prompts are not displayed, the parameters prompts are displayed, I enter the parameters and then the error pops up.

I have been told this could be caused by a timeout issue with SQL server. Do you have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back