Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recieved Registry Problem error

Status
Not open for further replies.

grrrr

Technical User
Jan 11, 2004
CA
Okay, here's the situation. I have a compaq deskpro running Windows 95, connected to a Citrix server via a modem connection. The problem is when the computer boots up. It asks for the windows logon info then goes into a registry problem error message saying: Windows encountered an error accessing the system registry. You should register now and restart your computer. I was told it started happening after I installed InoculateIT on the PC but I am not able to uninstall any programs. I've never encountered this error before, so any ideas or suggestions will be helpful.

Can you boot into safe mode and remove inoculate? James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

To be honest I haven't tried that yet, could that be the direct problem?

I would boot into Safe mode and remove inoculate IT then reboot. Is inoculate IT freeware or is it a demo version? James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

I belive the free version of InoculateIT is "NOMORE" according to the website.

It could be a bad RAM chip. If your configuration allows for it, remove one chip and see if you still get the error.

reghakr

I believe it is a demo version of InoculateIT. I will try all of the following upon my return to the office tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back