Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recieiving UDP strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanmancan

Programmer
Nov 29, 2004
CA
hey, i'm writing a program to recieve information about a server. i've got the string going out to work fine but upon arrival of data all i am recieving is

ÿÿÿÿinfostringresponse

but i know that the string coming in really looks ilke

ÿÿÿÿinfostringresponse\protocol\47\address\192.168.0.2:27015\players\0\proxytarget\0\lan\0\max\10\bots\0\gamedir\cstrike\description\Counter-Strike\hostname\Vancouver Ballz o' Steel [BoS]\map\de_airstrip\type\d\password\0\os\l\secure\1\mod\1\modversion\1\svonly\0\cldll\1

to get the data in i'm using

Dim vard As String

wsckSndRcv.GetData vard, vbstring
Text1.Text = vard

wsckSndRcv.Close

does anybody know why i'm only reciving the first part of the string rather than the whole thing? :) please help!

Trie Text1.Text = Text1.Text + vard
and without wsckSndRcv.Close
Also check the maximum buffer size for the receiver winsock controll.

Hope I've been helpful,
Bogdan Muresan.

thank you Bogdan, this wasn't the case but you gave me the right idea to fix it.

Turns out the variable is actually holding the full value of the string ( i made it print to a file to see what was in there) its just not showing up in the text box, which isn't necessary i was just using it to make sure the strig was full. now, all i need to do is parse the variable varD. thanks alot for the help tho.

Stanley

im trying to write a program to send and recieve data from a raven shield server. but i dont know how to open the connect and send data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back