Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receptionist Phone with side cars. How do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerhighguy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2003
US
We are switching out our last few phones this week and would like to see how other people have setup thier receptionist. I have a 7960 with 2 7914 side cars. Currently I have the most important people's entension on the side cars so the receptionist can tell who is on the phone and who isn't. It seems a bit cluttered with calls coming in (other people's who extension are assigned to the 7914) and on her 7960 display, displaying the caller ID information. We thought about just putting speed dial to make transfering calls quicker, but haven't decided. I figured I would see what people here do and make a decision.

We are running Callmanager 4.01sr2. Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.

Is there a better way to do this?

It is what it is!!

With CallMangler, other than goign to the attendant console software, there isn't a better way..

BuckWeet

run attendant console or IPMA...
Both are excellent apps for receptionist desks.
Drag adn drop call tranfer.. manager barge and divert ect.. nice apps.and they are free!!!!

You don't get that on a g3 =)

Remember the button next to each line changes color depending on the state of that line. For instance, if the user is off hook the light will be red or flashing amber when the phone is ringing, etc...

Also, unless the receiptionist wants to go deaf. I disable ringing for idle and active on each line that is on the 7914.

I typically make the first few lines on the 7960 with the same DN on different partitons to allow multiple incomming calls. I then add lines to the 7914.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back