Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receptionist - How to Use BM12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenng3

MIS
Mar 18, 2011
US
We just ditched our Definity system for a new IP Office 9. We took out the old receptionist/switchboard operator's console and gave her a 9611G with a BM12 attached. How do we program a button on the BM12 so she can use it to transfer calls to a hunt group? The Group button does not seem designed to do this. Thanks.

Try this instead:

User> Button Programming> Dial / HG number -> Save

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

if it's a 9611G, why aren't you using a SBM24 instead of a BM12? Same number of buttons, no paging. Works under release 9.

GB

We did try a Dial button with the hunt group number on it, but the receptionist says it is quicker to enter the extension on the keypad than it is to wait for the Dial button to get dial tone and dial the number.

Our vendor advised us to use the BM12 because it can be attached to the phone. I'm assuming it works as well with release 9 as the SBM24.

I advise you to use softconsle (receptionist)
She then can drag the call to the group to transfer the call.
All users and groups can be seen from there including BLF.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The boss did not like the idea of the soft console because he was afraid something was more likely to go wrong with the computer than with the phone. If we do put the soft console on the receptionist's computer and the computer crashes, will she be able to continue using the phone to field calls while the computer is rebooted or repaired?

Yes, phone still works, even if you smash the computer with a sledgehammer.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Phone will keep working fine.
It is a add-on and not a requirement.
Softconsole is specially for a receptionist.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

you might have her press transfer then the programmed button but it will work with just the dial button if one-touch-transfer is enabled

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back