Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reception Phone Defaulting to Headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkster

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2003
US
Running 11.1 Our receptionist phone is defaulting to the headset when you press an intercom even though no headset is plugged in. I tried a new phone does same thing. It's the only phone doing this. I searched around and found a few things about audio source but I can't find that anywhere on the phone or in office manager? Any help would be appreciated, she is going crazy. Thanks

What make and model of phone?

If its Avaya, look for the Default Audio Path Setting.

Press the A button. On 9621/9641 phones, select Settings.
Use the cursor keys to select Options & Settings.
Use the cursor keys to select Audio.
Use the up and down cursor keys to highlight Audio path.
Use the left and right cursor keys to switch between Headset or Speaker.
When completed, press Save.
Press Back/Exit to exit the menus.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

That was what I was missing, since I tell my users not to use the menu button I didn't even think to look there. I found it under call settings -> audio path -> speaker I kept going under features for some reason. Is there a way to prevent users from getting into the menu system, I would assume through user rights somewhere. I don't need people changing stuff like this. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back