Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reception Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrain08

Technical User
Apr 13, 2009
US
AVAYA has still not been able to create a IP console other than the soft console. What's so difficult about this? Anyhow, I currently have several floors with reception consoles that are in an attendant group so calls are able to route to any of the available consoles. I'm trying to get rid of these for IP phones and maintain the same functionality. I thought turning the receptionists into call center agents so the auto-in/aux-out can simulate position busy and night service on one of them would still work. Any thoughts on that design or if anyone is currently doing something different please share with me.

yes.. but to do so I have to give them functionality that they currently have.. 'position busy' 'night service'

Have you try using the Avaya IP 9650 with expansion modules? You should be able to use hunt for night service and give this station a cos with console permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back