Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recent troubles with IP Phones over tunnels - IP412 & Sonicwall 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmckeown

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2002
US
Hi,
In the last couple weeks, I am having trouble with IP phones connecting over the tunnels. Here are some specifics:
IP Office 412 running 3.2 (69)
(7) Tunnels to our main office (all are Sonicwall Firewalls)
Each location has an Avaya 5610SW IP phone

The tunnels are all functional and the remote users are using the tunnel for connection to servers as well as connecting the IP phones to the main phone system.
The users say that the phones are booting and most get to the point where they show their extension but they do NOT get a dial tone.
All these phones did work within the last month. I am not aware of anything changing within our main facility that could be preventing the connections. People have been working remotely with this setup for a long time without many issues.
A few of the users did complain that it would take up to 30 minutes before their phone got a dial tone. But, after they got the dial tone, everything worked fine. I'm not sure why only a couple phones had the slow connection issue. At this point, no phones are getting a dial tone.

What I tried:
1) Removing all access rules relating to the phone server on the main firewall - no change
2) Reboot phone system - no change
3) Reset AVPP server - no change
4) re-enabled the access rules - no change
5) Removing all app rules on firewall - no change
6) Have each remote user restart the firewall, wait 10 minutes for the tunnel, restart the phone

When I run Sys Monitor and check the IP Phone Status, it shows the addresses of all the phones, The EP Identifier, MAC addresses, and version. Phone type shows Unknown.

Does anyone have an idea I can try?
Thanks so much for the help!
Tom

Turning off all options in the VOIP settings of the sonicwall devices and restarting the tunnels cured the problem!
Whew! I hope this helps someone.

Things turned off:
H323 transformations
Consistent Nat
SIP

Hi,

I had a customer with a checkpoint FW with similar problems.
Maybe you can use the Avaya SOLN147130 (search for it on "support.avaya.com) also for a Sonicwall? It is worth a look.

Obviously it is of eminent relevance, that I this, what you celeprate, not optimally effective assume, since the integrate of you in the communicative system as code related terms with me no explosive associations in mental-empirical reproduction process of the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back