Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recent DVD Player install

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdublu

Technical User
Jan 26, 2005
US
I have XP Home.
I recently installed a Sony DVD RW DRU-710A. I have no idea how it links up with AOL IM. when ever I send a response to someone in IM a "Windows Installer" dialog box appears showing a device install window and then an "Install Wizard Complete" dialog box. When I click "Finish" it disappears untill the next time I respond to someone in IM. What does this device have to do with AOL IM and how can I stop it from doing that? Sometimes times I get another dialog box saying "OpenMG Secure Module" which has to do with the device.
Thanks,Jim

I had this once with a scanner install. Clear all your "temp" directories, you have two (or more) install programs with the same name. This confuses the computer.

Also, try uninstalling AOL IM (keeping your preferences behind), reboot, then reinstall it.

~cdogg
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back