Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receivings Transaction Entry - New user needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

finemike

Technical User
May 9, 2012
I am entering my receivings and all my entries will have the same site code. Is there a way of setting a default site code so I could just tab over it.

Also the majority of my Units of Measure also have the same code. Can I set a default code for that field that I can still override.

I should point out that we do not use GP for purchase orders or Inventory Items except for a couple of items. We use GP as that is what head office uses.

Thanks

All items should have a default site (Quantities/Sites) Default Site ID. Also, all items should have a Default Purchasing U of M, usually EA. If necessary for a specific vendor where the vendor ships in packages other than EA (each), in the Item Vendors Maintenance for this item set the Default Purchasing U of M to From Item Vendor. For example, if the specific vendor always ships in packages of 2, this vendor should have a Default Purchasing U o M of 2PK where the Quantity In Base U of M is 2. When you order from this vendor, you will always purchase in packages of 2.

I hope I am on the correct track, here and this will help you.

Thanks for the info. I am new to GP and should have specified that we don't receive any inventory items. We do track a couple of finished products through inventory but we don't receive any items.

When I do my receivings it is just so that I can post the information to a job.

Hope this helps clarify things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back