Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receiving two copies of emails from senders...

Status
Not open for further replies.

River

Technical User
Nov 12, 2000
AU
I've been using Windows XP Pro for some time with no serious problems. All fixes. patches and security upgrades are current...

I was using OUTLOOK EXPRESS with two accounts (seperate ISP's) and installed OUTLOOK and alloud all settings to be copied into Outlook via the installation program. After ckecking that all appeared OK I removed all accounts, settings, etc, etc and totally shutdown Outlook Express, ensured no settings, no info or accounts are operational in Outlook Express.

The only probem that I am experiencing is that I am receiving two copies of emails from a number of senders but not from others...?

Have checked the headers and they are indicating all from the one account. I.E. Both emails are from the one account, not one from each account...

Would appreciate any assistance in solving this minor but annonying email glich, many thanks team...
River

Maybe they are using the cc instead of the to .
Type cc into your OE help .

To send an e-mail message
On the toolbar, click the New Mail button.

In the To and/or Cc boxes, type the e-mail name of each recipient, separating names with a comma or semicolon ( ; ).
To add e-mail names from the Address Book, click the book icon in the New Message window next to To, Cc, and Bcc, and then select names.

To use the Bcc box, click the View menu, and then select All Headers.

In the Subject box, type a message title.

Type your message, and then click the Send button on the New Message toolbar.
Tips
If you have multiple mail accounts set up and you want to use one other than your default account, click in the From box, and then click the mail account you want.

If you are composing a message offline, your message will be saved in the Outbox. It will be sent automatically when you go back online.

To save a draft of your message to work on later, click the File menu, and then click Save. You can also click Save as to save a mail message in your file system in mail (.eml), text (.txt), or HTML (.htm) format.