Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receiving mail in Outlook Express but not Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

supervi

MIS
Mar 22, 2003
CA
Hi,

I was previously using Outlook Express 6 for email. However, I decided to install Outlook 2002. The problem is what the title states. When I send mail to my account, it shows up in Express and not Outlook 2002. I want it to show up in Outlook 2002. I removed my account from Express and it still doesn't show up in Outlook 2002. I verfied all my server information and what not. When I click the test account settings, it says everything is ok. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi
My first guess, although possibly not accurate, would be to change the default e-mail client in Internet Explorer to use Outlook.
Open IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs tab

A question I would pose as well...
When you check mail in Outlook, are you first checking that you have mail via Outlook Express? If you are - the mail has downloaded, and unless you have specified to "Leave messages on server" the message will no longer be there to download...

If the account settings have tested ok, I can only assume you are first checking via OE...

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back