Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

receiving email slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

meenu3003

Technical User
Jan 7, 2015
MY
hi guys,

i have a user in my office who complains of receiving emails slow / late intermittently
(all emails after 5pm seems to only come in the next morning) strange!! but true!!
ive checked his settings and connection all seems fine. any idea why this happens? and how to resolve it?

btw he is using outlook 2010 microsoft exchange.

Is that when they appear in Outlook, or is that when they appear in Outlook Web Access? Or on his phone?

If you want to know the true times on the server side, you should use the Message Tracking tool on the server and see when the message was initially received and when it was delivered to the mailbox. From there another delay could occur before appearing in Outlook, depending on the client-side AV scanning settings and how often the Outlook client is configured to check for mail.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

HI ShackDaddy,

Its on outlook. I will try the message tracking part. Tq heaps. I will get back to you on the status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back