Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receiving duplicate emails with outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron37

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
Hello,
I'm running outlook 2000 from xp and all incoming emails are duplicated. There is only one account set up. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A.Davis

Are you running on an Exchange server, and/or do you have any rules set up in Outlook?

No exchange server and I didn't set up any rules. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

A.Davis

are you on dail-up or what internet connection do you have?

I deal with this issue everyday with customer with bad connections. The unix based mail server will duplicate mail if it is not all downloaded at one time. Hence duplicate mail. "Jack of all trades. Master of none."

Dsl

thanks for any advice,

A.Davis

how is your internet connection?

try going to mail2web.com and checking your mail there. delete the messages you have already downloaded and then go to outlook and try again. do not open the ones that you haven't read in outlook when you're on mail2web.

after this watch your email and see if it keeps happening. one thing to help the troubleshooting for your isp is to keep track of the last email you get and the first that is not coming through for example.. I have 10 messages on the serer waiting for me. i keep getting 4 duplicate emails everyday. if i went to mail to web i should "see" all 10 messages including the 4 i keep getting. write down the 4th email and the 5th email.

i hope you understand. let me know if that don't help. "Jack of all trades. Master of none."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back