Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receiving 'CANNOT FIND TABLE ERROR' 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayster7

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2001
US
Hi,

Using CR 10 accessing an Oracle 9i database. Using 3 tables , PROVIDER, PROVIDER_CONTACT_INF_LKUP, and CONTACT. The PROVIDER...LKUP table has the PROVIDER_ID field as an FK from the PROVIDER table and also the CONTACT_PERSON_ID as an FK to the CONTACT table which contains address info for the PROVIDER table.

After linking the tables, and attempting first run I get the following error dialog:

'CANNOT FIND "PROVIDER_CONTACT_INFO_LKUP" TABLE. DO YOU WANT TO REMOVE THIS TABLE FROM THE REPORT?'

I select 'NO' and then I still get data. I asked our DBA here, and even created a mock-up just using the PROVIDER_CONTACT_INFO_LKUP table by itself and still have a problem. None of the other tables I've used with this tblespace give me the same error. The DBA thinks it may be a bug in my CR engine, but has anyone out there ever experienced a similar problem? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

John

The path up and down is one and the same.

-Heraclitus

What I believe to be the critical element, you've neglected to share - how are you connecting to Oracle?

Don't use the Oracle supplied ODBC driver.

First choice should be the Oracle Native connectivity, 2nd should be the CR supplied Oracle ODBC.

That's a fairly long table name though, perhaps a synonym or View could help as well, I can't recall the limits.

Try the approved connectivity though, it'll probably handle it.

-k

Synapse,

You've done it again! I was connecting using Oracle's driver. I went to Business Objects and got their Crystal Reports 10 drivers supplied by DataDirect and I installed the Oracle driver and it all appears resolved. Thanks again. You're kung-fu is the best! :)

The path up and down is one and the same.

-Heraclitus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back