Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Received items that cannot be invoiced

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBurcie

Technical User
Sep 10, 2004
US
I have a couple of instances of items that were received for a PO, but when the user went to match the invoice, we had a system interruption that booted them. Now, when you try to pull these up to invoice, the GP says that the invoice number that was being entered does not exist, and if you try to add the item to a new invoice, it says it has already been fully invoiced....

I did find an article in the MS TK but it refers to an item being invoiced for a partial quantity (ex. 100 of 200 total) then adjust the Qty Matched in POP10500 to match the invoiced total, but in my case. there is no remaining qty, and I cannot pull up the invoice so this does not appear to work for me.

My only thought was to delete the bad invoiced line from POP10500 as well as a record for that invoice in POP10600. Is this going to cause problems?

Thanks

I would suggest trying the usual utilities, reconciling the documents, check links and with all users out of the system, delete SY00800. Make sure you take a backup first!

Reconcile doesn't seem to do anything. Checklinks is so freakin slow (3-4 hours at best) I was trying to avoid it until the last resort.

I did actually delete the rows in my test environment and run the reconcile on that PO and it did adjust my remaining subtotal from 0 to $8,332, which sounds right.

I'm just a little nervous still because I'm not sure of the exact flow between tables and modules (don't even use the words General Ledger around me).

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back