Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

received ipsec delete request

Status
Not open for further replies.

thopee133

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2013
US
thread463-1321723

Hi All - I am trying to direct this post to simpsons245. He started a thread over a year ago describing an issue which is very similar to mine. I have a VPN connection between my office (Sonicwall NSA 220) and Sprint. Sprint has a Juniper Netscreen. Every time my tunnel phase 2 negotiation renews (8 hours), after the connection negotiates successfully, the sprint (juniper) sends a "Received IPSec SA delete request". Although, my connection comes back up online and doesn't indicate that the tunnel actually went down, I'm not sure if this is normal activity. I tried talking to Sonicwall, but every agent I spoke with gives me a different answer. I'm really hoping that you guys can help.

Thanks.

Hey Thopee,

Often times, the "IKE SA delete request" comes as a result of different lifetimes.
Please check the lifetimes on both sides for Phase1 and Phase2 and ensure they are the same.

Your fortunate that your tunnel is staying up, however, that may be due to the mode of the device (main/aggressive/responder)

If you have that as a baseline, you can then begin troubleshooting if the issue persists.

Hope this helps....

HH

Real trouble call:
Customer: "I have a huge problem. A friend has put a screensaver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears!"

HH -

The lifetimes are the same on both sides for phase 1 and 2. Keep alive and dead peer detection are also turned off. I also tried different combinations of both keep alive and dead peer detection as well but the problem persists...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back