Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Received errors in the saveset Failed to locate Networker major versio

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2004
US
Hi guys,

Recently i've been receiving errors i've attached below in our Exchange Cluster Save sets... I've restarted the services and also tried upgrading the networker client but still same errors. We are running Networker nw_6_1_3AS.Build.11 running on Sun Solaris. Our exchange servers are running on WIN2K Advance server. Im also receiving viper errors on the exchange server logs

thanks

Leonard

* apaxm1102:MSEXCH:IS/APAXM1102SG1
G:\rt_2002_1Q\nsr\db_apps\common\apputil.c(393): Failed to locate Networker major version

* apaxm1102:MSEXCH:IS/APAXM1102SG1 Failed to find NetWorker server version; advanced features are being disabled.

* apaxm1102:MSEXCH:IS/APAXM1102SG1 Internal system error, please see nsr\applogs\xbsa.messages on the client system for reason.

* apaxm1102:MSEXCH:IS/APAXM1102SG1 Completed backup of APAXM1102SG1

* apaxm1102:MSEXCH:IS/APAXM1102SG1 Continue with work in progress.

* apaxm1102:MSEXCH:IS/APAXM1102SG1
G:\rt_2002_1Q\nsr\db_apps\aime\svmain.c(1083): process_is_backup() = 0x000004de

Looks like your license info may be corrupt. Did you check to see if your NetWorker license resources are correctly seen? I guess, you must have the cluster client connections, the NetWorker Module for Exchange and the base enabler (Network edition or Power Edition) correctly in place.

What version of NetWorker Module for Exchange are you using?

The likely reason is because you are using a SUN version of the NetWorker server. As a result, the NetWorker Module for Exchange is not able to correctly detect what version the server is running.

Assuming that you are running Exchange 2000 or higher, try upgrading to the latest version of NetWorker Module for Exchange. This can be found at:

ftp://ftp.legato.com/pub/eval/2004Q1/nmexch401_win_x86.exe

The installation guide can be found at:

Hi rkrishnan and Wallace88,

Thank you very much for your help guys. I will surely try all your suggestions.

Wallace88, regarding your question about the Version of Networker for Exchange im using currently what is installed is Version 3.1.0.74. What's the current? Shall i install the latest one? do I need to reboot my server after the install?

Your correct wallace88, we are using Exchange 2000.

Thanks again for your help guys.

regards,

Leonard

Hi wallace88,

do you know the command to list all Networker clients.

thanks

Leonard

The latest version of NetWorker Module for Exchange is 4.1.
Use Windows control panel, Add/Remove Programs to remove the previous NetWorker Module for Exchange, then install this new one. You do not have to reboot the Exchange server.

This can be found at:

ftp://ftp.legato.com/pub/eval/2004Q1/nmexch401_win_x86.exe

The installation guide can be found at:

To get a list opf all NetWorker clients, run the following from command line:

nsradmin

. type: NSR client

show name

print

quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search