Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Received an odd error message: 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeager

MIS
Aug 4, 2002
US
I have dbimported this database previously on this machine to a particular dataspace. Now I am attempting to dbimport it to a distinctly different dataspace. I am seeing this message perhaps three quarters of the way through the load:
{ TABLE "root".stxtranr row size 125 number of comulns = 7 index size = 30 }
{ unload file name = stxtr00280.unl number of rows = 1085636 )

create table "root".stxtranr
(
orig_journal char(2) not null,
doc_no integer not null,
post_no integer,
post_date date,
doc_date date not null,
ref_code char(6),
doc_desc varchar(100,1)
};
*** put loadcur
25587 - Network receive failed.

-404 - The cursor or statement is not available
-349 - Database not selected yet.

Any idea's?

TIA
Jeager
:-(

This can happen if the network has broken. or if the logs are full. If you look the message log, it might tell you that logs are full and back up needed. Try editing the SQL before import and edit it so that the database created is with no log. Import the database and once it is done then turn the database logging...this should solve the problem. This happens if you are trying to insert the huge amount of data on to a networked drive. Hope this helps. If not let me know.
Good Luck
Partha Parthasarathy

I get this same error message (25587 Network Receive Failed) when doing a dbexport using IDS 9.30.UC6 on an IBM model 630, OS is AIX 5.1.

Problem is not caused by logical logs filling up, this is a dbexport not a dbimport like the original post, so what should I look for? I opened a case with Informix/IBM and they do not have an answer for me.

It can fail in 3 minutes or it can fail in 1 hr 15 minutes.

It can fail when unloading a populated table or it can fail when unloading an unpopulated table.

It has failed when dbexporting indexes which amounts to unloading the index definition part of the table schema.

There are no messages in the online.log.

Any help would be appreciated .... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back