Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receipt printing in Aloha - Make it stop! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

whichwich

Technical User
Oct 20, 2007
US
So a wonderful corporate bigwig came by yesterday and upon his departure, I noticed several things out of place, one being the fact that our receipt printer is now printing two slips for every order; sometimes it even prints a chit that shows 0.00 for the tender and says the check has been closed. How do I make this stop? I have gone through all the settings and haven't been able to find anything to help. Also, is there any way I can just stop printing all-together? Hardly anybody ever wants a receipt and it would be nice to just be able to hit 'Print Receipt' if someone did need one. Thank you!

It sounds like you want to set your 'Default Printer' to "None" in Maintenance, Hardware, and Terminals. I would leave the Voucher Printer setup, because you may need the CC reciepts. Also go to Maintenance, Payments, Tenders and de-select 'Print Check On Close' for each tender you do not want it to print with, also there is a a 'Do not print vouchers' under the Type tabe on each tender, that you can suppress printing there.
If it still prints when you do not want it to, there are a lot more options under, Maintenance, Store Settings, Printing, and Printing Chits.

Well I tried everything you said and I got nothing. I changed the default printer to None and it stopped printing, but I wasn't able to hit 'Print Receipt' and have it print one. It still prints two receipts. I looked under the store settings and have hardly anything checked. It doesn't look like anything that would fix that problem either.

Check under revenue center programming. It may be set there to always print at close.

I can't find that. Where exactly is 'revenue center programming'?

1) Make sure the "Printer Group" under Maintenance> System> Order Modes are set to none.
2) Also, Maintenance> Store Settings> Credit Card> Voucher Printing> Set Number of Voucher Copies to '0'.
3)If you use Delivery, there are 'Number of Reciepts' in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back