Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receipt Printert Drivers Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

grez

Technical User
Dec 1, 2002
US
Hi! Please see below for a detailed description of the situation. Thanks!

BACKGROUND:
Windows XP Pro / SP2
Ahtlon 2600 (Barton Core) / 1GB PC3200
Asus Mobo

HARDWARE PRODUCT IN QUESTION:
Samsung SRP270 Receipt Printer to serial port COM1 utilized for check cashing program.

SITUATION:
Samsung receipt printer is using the "Generic / Text Only" driver within Windows. Check
cashing program communicates fine with the unit, however, our problem is that the automatic
cut will not operate in this mode, so with that, we had to line feed "end job" by 5 lines
to generate enough paper to manually rip off the receipt. Wasted paper, manual cut, not a
good deal.

Found an actual driver for the SRP270 from drivers guide.com. What it DID do is make the
automatic cut (a few lines of blank at the end, but bearable), printed fine during a
Windows test print, BUT when utilized by the check cashing software, it prints as if the
driver went south. A couple of lines, like the date and a couple of others came out fine,
but the rest were just characters of sorts.

With that, tried the Epson printer driver, cuts it perfect at the bottom of the last line,
prints perfect with the Windows test print, but still the check cashing program prints the
same type of receipt as I just described above.

Had to go back to "generic / text only" driver for the unit to work with the check cashing
program. Samsung had sent me some codes to try for cutting, etc., but they do not work
when I attempt to use them.

Any ideas to make this work properly where it cuts where it should, and prints properly
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back