Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recalculate a field based on a different date on the report

Status
Not open for further replies.

RppDuck

Programmer
Oct 10, 2002
US
I am attempting to convert a Safari report to Crystal Reports CR8

The Rows in the table are like:

Customer Ship_Date Ship_Qty, etc.

I want the report to look like this:

Customer Date_1 Date_2 Date_3
XYZ Corp 10/11/02 10/12/02 10/13/02

QTY: 23 50 45

In Safari they use a calculation:

If (SHIPPING_DATE = WEEK_02_BEGIN) Then CalcResult(ssctest9.SHS_QUANTITY) Else CalcResult(0)

Is there any way to duplicate this in Crystal ?
or Can I use a Union Query in Crystal?

Thank you, I'll try it. I guess I over complicated myself again.

I am now having trouble positioning the Cross Tab in a Group Area or Details. Is that posible? I need to keep the report in the same format as the Safari report.

Thanks

Crosstabs by definition cannot go into a details section. You should have no problem inerting them into a group footer, or you can try inserting the crosstab report as a subreport. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

A crosstab doesn't make sense at the detail level, as a detail is just one record.

It should allow for Group level insertion, but it seemed that you would only need this at the report footer level (will automatically group for you).

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Let's go back to the origional Question. The cross-tab idea has a couple of draw backs because the exsisting report doesn't format well to look like the origional report.

Is there any function, function, or method that would alow me to emulate the Safari calculation that recalculates the qty field, based on dates that I supply in the report, like

Date -1 and Date + 2 - 6, etc.

Safari Example:
If (SHIPPING_DATE = WEEK_02_BEGIN) Then CalcResult(ssctest9.SHS_QUANTITY) Else CalcResult(0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back