Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rebuilding Raid 5 - files corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmono

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2004
IE
I had a failed disk in a compaq proliant ml350 server, I put in the new disk - rebuilt the Raid 5 and re-activated the disk - now a lot of the MS Word files are corrupt, also people are have problems using termainl servics - their Term sessions are hanging - not everyone but some poeple. I think some system files may be corrupt.
Has anyone come accross this problem before and is there anyway to recover corrupt word files?

Thanks - appreciate any help.

Hi

Try and copy the corrupt files away to another Server and then copy them back to their original location. Often a file copy file repair minor damage to files, worth a shot.
One of our guys had a similar problem last week on a DL380, but he had more serious probs and elected to rebuild the server and restore the backup as he had many system file which were corrupted.
To rule out another other issues that might be wrong with this server try and copy the files and see how they are when they are on another server, you may just have a Controller problem lerking around.

Good luck

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back