Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rebuild PDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishkid

Technical User
May 4, 2007
ES
Hello,

I have an SBS2008 Server that is the PDC and has all my user information. I have problems with this server and i would liek to wipe it and rebuild it, how can I do so and retain all my user info so all my users can still login when i bring up the server again?

Thanks

Based on your other thread I agree that it sounds like you have a bad install of SBS.

Your best course of action is to get a good backup of your data. Since Windows 2008 uses the image based backup I think you need to use a 3rd party tool for that backup. I would recommend you purchase a copy of ServerProtect from StorageCraft.

Aside from your immediate need, it will offer you a much better backup solution going forward and allow you to take 15 minute incrementals (or less frequently if you wish) and you can use the backups to virtualize your server should it go down.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back