Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rebuild new mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

cappo5150

MIS
Mar 4, 2005
US
Hi there, I have a new employee starting soon, how would I reset an existing mailbox? What I want to do is use an old employees mailbox, I want all the messages to be deleted, and the personal greetings to deleted. I know how to reset the password. We use Mermail on Option 11c. Could you tell me the steps in mermail, since I dont know the commands.
Thanks.

log on option 1 then option 1, the delete key then the ext number. then new and the ext number and user name, if you don't know the default password, do a password change before you save

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

just bring up the system console and delete the mailbox. You will see along the F keys one for delete and then the system will prompt you to delete. Then just rebuild (ADD) a mailbox.

quickest way. I never changed too many mailboxes in Meridian Mail, or in Call Pilot.

John

correct, to easy to remove and put back in

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back