Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rebuild MF XP server because of W2K Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casmith

IS-IT--Management
Dec 24, 2001
CA
Hi there... I've searched and searched for information on this. Please advise:

We're running two MF XP Windows Advanced servers, and an NT4 PDC. We have a variety of published apps (Office /w exchange, SQL apps, Internet etc...) and about 100 users.

Our PDC is being upgraded, and part of that will include moving it to Windows 2000 as well. The individual who set up and maintains the Citrix servers has advised me that if I upgrade the PDC from NT4 to Windows 2000, he will have to rebuild the Citrix servers from scratch... incurring all sorts of down time and additional expense.

Is this for real? What sorts of issues can I expect to encounter in this scenario?...

I can't see any good reason why this should be so. I've certainly done it several times both in the lab and in production and it all goes well. What were the specific reasons given?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back