Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rebuild AdminSDHolder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELBeast

MIS
Mar 13, 2006
US
Okay long story short, I had a stupid moment and I hit Default security button under the Advanced Security Setting dialog box. I was able to rebuild the default permissions by using a mix of internal documentation and Microsoft's.

(Default Settings in the Master Security Descriptor of the AdminSDHolder Object)

The only thing left outstanding is setting the
All Validated Writes and All Extended Rights.
If I grant the Admin accounts Full control it does what I need it to do, however I'd like to set it back to how it was before w/o relying on the Full Control catch-all.

I had to set most of my DSCALS via VB scripts that worked great, I just don't want to have to re-add all of the Validated Writes and Extended Rights individually. There must be a "master/blanket" GUID or something I could use that will do what I want it to do.

Any ideas?

Depending on your company/network size; I probably would have sugggested an authoritative restore.

Yeah; I know I can do that, but really that's unnecessary at this stage since I've pretty much rebuild the thing from scratch. If I need to redo each one, then I'll do it. However there must be a better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back