Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reboots on V3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOUK

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2004
Has anyone noticed more and more systems rebooting on V3? We used to see a lot of rebooting on pre 1.4 releases, but since then, I've hardly seen a reboot (a year and a half or so??)

Since upgrading some sites to V3, we've had some reboots - anyone noticed this also? Mainly 403 and 412s....

I am facing reboots issues with 406v2 v3.0 build 44 also, it's occurring randomly and still no explanation!!!

Anyone have a clue on how to stabilize the system ????????

What a headache!!

I'm have 406V2 v3.0 build 59 and our 56xx phones reboot randomly throughout the day, even if you're on a phone call. We're on a PRI T1 line.

Now some specifics:

1) Not all phones reboot, but those that do wil reboot at the exact same moment.
2) Avaya came out with application file i10d01a2_2_3.bin in June, 05 which was to correct the problem.
3) I've installed the new bin files to no avail.
4) I'm using an Adtran Netvanta 1224R PoE switch. The phones will still reboot even if connected with their own power source.
5) The IP406 box does not show any problems (it is not rebooting).

What to do???

Have a similar issue with a remote IPO 406v2 with 3.0(59) and all IP 5620SW phones....any fixes?

I have IP406V2 running Admin 3.1.29 and we use Adtran Netvanta 1224 PoE switches.

I had an issue with rebooting which was unrelated to Avaya altogether. The rebooting of the phones was caused by the In-Line power of the Adtran being turned off and back on.

Below is a summary of the fix:

I opened ticket # 775156 with Adtran on Thursday, October 20th 2005 to resolve the reboot issue of our Avaya 56xx phones. I worked with Travis who telnetted into our switches and confirmed there is a problem with the auto power enable threshold settings.

He explained the Avaya phones do not require much power to operate and the power required hovers around the threshold of the Netvanta 1224 (model # 1200580L1) auto power enable setting. Occasionally, the Netvanta incorrectly concludes those ports are not in need of power and turn it off, then immediately determines they do and kicks back on.

He administered the PTS program for our Raleigh and Syracuse switches. This program takes about 3-5 minutes to run and will reboot only those ports which require power, any ports providing data only will remain on during the firmware upgrade. Newer switches have this deficiency corrected. The units we purchased in July and August had this problem while the one we purchased in September was fine.

The PTS program can only be administered through and Adtran engineer. Firmware upgrades do not correct this problem.

Good to know. We run Dell Powerconnect 3448P's and I will have to take a good look at them again. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back