Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rebooting or other Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

grundy

Technical User
Apr 12, 2003
US
Have a partner with partner mail vs. Randomly we can't make incoming or outgoing calls. Also at different times the VM doesn't pick up and auto attendnat doesn't work.

I would think it's just the partner mail except the issues with the outbound and inbound calling.

Since it's sporadic, what should I test?

A few questions to help clarify the situation:

What type of Partner system is it (Partner II, Partner Plus or Partner ACS)?

During the times that no calls can go out what happens when you do try to call out (no dial tone, dead air after digits, recordings)? What do incoming callers experience?

During these episodes, do the telephone displays go dark/blank?

Do the status LEDs on the Partner modules show amber or red?

What action is taken to clear the problems?

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Displays never go off. I will check on the LED lights. It's a Partner Plus I believe. Dead air when you try to make a call.

I will check in a few on the other things.

System is Partner II
Voicemail is Partner Messaging R7.0 4 Port

Today it happened again. You can call out but incoming calls don't get picked up by the auto attendant. You can call VM internally and it works (which is not usually the case).

A cold restart usually fixes the problem. Any ideas?

Check to make sure that the correct ports are assigned to Hunt Group #7. Make any required corrections.

Also, if possible, on the receptionist's phone, program each of the 4 ports assigned to the voicemail to a spare button. The idea here is to be able to monitor the status of each of the 4 ports. Also make sure that all phone lines are pointed to the voicemail.

There is a chance that the hard drive is failing, but given that you can utilize the voicemail internally, that might be pushing it just a little bit [smile].

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Do you actually see the lines flashing for the incoming call, even though the voice mail doesn't answer them? Do you at least have one extension set to delayed ring to alert you to incoming calls if the voice mail stops answering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back