Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rebooting Citrix 1.8 a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2001
US
We are running Metaframe 1.8 on a Win2000 server. Is it considered good practice to reboot the servers on a regular basis?

For sure. As you are running multiple instances of apps that usually are not designed with this in mind, you can start having memory leaks. This is the main issue.
A daily reboot is highly recommended. Cláudio Rodrigues
Microsoft MVP
Windows 2000/NT Server - Terminal Services

Yep. I try to reboot mine daily. Citrix recommends doing so as well.

Think of TS server as bunch on Workstations. You should reboot workstations daily, so it's a good idea to reboot something that's emulating several of them. :)

Yeah we have our servers scheduled to reboot daily....I agree with the responses above, it certainly seems to reduce the ammount of problems we have on the servers (why did I say that...???!!!)....

Highland, what were you thinking of??? I don't even think those words!!!

I think that if you don't say or think them when you're actually in front of the servers, you're OK. [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back