Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reboot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thertel00

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2007
US
What is the proper procedure to reboot my Option 11c on 25.40?

Make sure that you do a backup (EDD in LD 43 & XBK in LD 143) first!. Either do a power reset via the mains plug, or use the "XSL" command in LD 143. You will need to know the passcode to do this. Another way is to go into "pdt" & use the "reboot -1" command.

Do the reboot then traffic is very low. i.e. after everybody's gone home.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I know than when I used the reboot-1 command on a system with Meridian Mail, It managed to keep the mail going & prevented it from making a full reboot to get back into service!.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

Useful Nortel forum at

Do an EDD on the switch and shutdown the Callpilot.

knowing that NORTEL has a slight sense of humor...

I believe that password to INI / Reboot in ld 143 is "OHNO

might wamt to mention, don't use that one except as a last resort. i hate to do a system reboot then get in the truck and drive for hours.. if it's it boots perfect but the d stays down.. or the seb hangs in limbo.. i perfer at least someone with a cell on site

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Quite right John. It's also a good idea to have at least 2 or more backups done. Always take as many precautions as possible.
If doing a reload via a modem, try to use a line that is not connected to the Nortel system. Just in case the D Channel fails to become active.
Finally (& most importantly!) after doing a EDD, do a DAT in LD 43 to check that the main & backup locations are the same. I've known it's happened where the system has appeared to have dumped OK, but the backup drive (on the CPU) has not changed!. The XBK file will take it's data from this drive!.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

Useful Nortel forum at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back