Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reboot of Octel 250 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaHelp

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
CA
Our company will be doing annual maintanance on the building's hydro. We have UPS and Deisel but the work being done this time requires a seperste generator to be rented and plug the Octel into it. When ready, the Octel will be unplugged from the wall and plugged into the new geretor. What should I do to make sure this goes smoothly, I know very little of Octel - create VM accounts and delete VM accounts thats it.

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

P:-D

I 've only worked with An Octel. However, I've never had to shut it down purposely. Also, my whole building is on a generator. I do know that if the system takes a hit and reboots, you will have to turn the message waiting indicators back on- in menu 13 on a 250/350 aria. You may also need to reset the RS232 link- also in menu 13.

Before hand, you should perform a shutdown with dump. When the message "system shutdown initiated" appears, followed by "ENTER BOOT COMMAND PROMPT, you can safely turn the power off. Of course, this is with the 250/350 -aria software.

Hi FixerofPhones

I you have an OCTEL 200/300 or the older OCTEL/VMX-100, there is no problem. The systems come up with no problems.
Sometimes they need to have a command to relite the message waiting lamps. This is done from the @-prompt: MWL RELITE

Good luck!
/Doktor

It is best to bring down the Octel gracefully,

go to the main menu, then sub menu 13, then select 1 shut down with dump, the system will take a few min to completey shut down, once the system says "enter boot command" you can unplug your system, when bringing it up, it will ask you to enter boot command, just typ in A and press enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back