Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reboot AAM version 7.1 - via browser and admin page OR via CLI session OR via AVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

learningSkype

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2016
US
hello, we have 6 AAM servers that we want to reboot, 2 are MSS and 2 are MAS.

I know that the correct procedure is reboot MSS first, then the second MSS, then all the MAS servers one at a time, but what is the best method. they're running on AVP so do I perform the reboots from AVP and do I just completely restart the AVP entirely or do I just restart the servers from AVP, or is it best to reboot all my servers via a Putty session (CLI) or do I just open a browser, connect to each server and reboot from the Admin page?

I found some Avaya docs but most of them are older and although I have the correct order, I don't know what the best method would be.

thanks.

Lots of ways to do it, but my way is. If you just want to reboot just the VM, then do it via AVP. If you want to reboot the whole server, then do it via Solution Deployment Manager in SMGR.

we ended up doing it from the AAM admin portal itself. I stopped messaging, then shutdown the server and made sure it rebooted. kinda wanted to do it from AVP but I had never done it that way so this was the next option based on what I read on a few sites.

we have servers in a Lab so I tested it there first. it works so we did it in Prod.

I'll ask our vendor how to do the same thing in AVP next time.

It's just VMware's webpage. Right click the VM and restart guest OS

yeah but do you trust restarting the guest OS via AVP if you're not stopping and starting messaging first?

isn't that a requirement for AAM version 7?

It's like doing stop -r in the CLI.

VMware tools sends the reboot command or stop -r does the same and it gracefully brings down processes

There's shut down/reboot guest VM - and that's not graceful. VMware tools adds shut down and restart graceful options.

Yes, I trust it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back