Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reassigning the Advanced Signature Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

digigirl

Technical User
Nov 23, 2002
US
I'm trying to create a signature for my e-mail in Outlook. I want to use the advanced edit to do this. When I click on Advanced Edit it says it's going to launch an editor that is not part of Microsoft Outlook. Which is okay, but it is launching notepad. It used to launch Word. Not sure why this happened.
How do I reassign which editor it launches so I can have Word to edit my signature in?

I can't find anything in the MS Knowledge base. What do you use for your HTML editor? Look in IE, Tools, Options, Programs tab.

IE is currently assigned to edit HTML
Should I reassign Word to edit HTML?

Whatever you select there (in IE/Options/Programs) is used as the "Advanced Editor" by Outlook - can be Notepad or Word (I use FrontPage).

Hi,

I am having the same problem as digigirl was having.

According to IE options, Word is the default html editor. But Outlook is launching Notepad.

Anybody know the solution?

Do you have Word set as your email editor in Outlook?

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back