Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reasonable limit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftertaf

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2004
EU
what is the n° of machines you can emulate with VMWare.... i want to try for my 70-216 and route/vpn an all that fun....

Athlon 1Giga, 512 DDR
thx

I believe the max. supported on one ESX server is 25.

Well, I've passed 70-216 a while ago in the VMware 3.x era...

It the total # of virtual machines depends on your hardware (mainly memory) but I guess that's not the answer you are looking for. Theoretical max I don't know but I guess it was something around 125.

I've run tests with up to 8 virtual machines on old quad Pentium Xeon 700 or 900 w/ 4 Gigs and that still runs smooooth :).

Microsoft, not just A company

thx
gonna boost the memory and set up 3 or 4 servers....

will be fun :)

I really don't know the limits I know it all depends on your hardware special memory and if you want best performance scsi. I have been running VMware GSX with around five servers on the host machine and just works great....Dual AMD 2.0 with 4GB Memory and 15000RPM SCSI in the other hand I really happy that we know have a VMWARE Forum great product.....

First of all, it depends on the HW. But with VMWare ESX 2.1.x you can run up to 90 Machines while max. 200 configured machines are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back