Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Really Desperate! Short codes are being a PAIN! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haltaha

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2014
AE
Hi all,

This is for our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States office

I have this as ARS 50: Main table
CODE Telephone Number Feature Line Group ID
11 911 Dial Emergency 0
911 911 Dial Emergency 0
0N; 0N Dial 3k1 0
1N; 1N Dial 3k1 0
XN; N Dial 3k1 0
XXXXXXXXXXN N Dial 3k1 0

I am creating two User Rights
1) international; to be able to call local and international like "Dubai, United Arab Emirates"

2)Local Call; to be able to call only local, but no international.

I have no idea what to put as short codes for these two User Rights, I have tried everything I can think of, but everytime I press a "9" to get out of the office, I either get "call not in service" or call "is barred".

Can Please Anyone help me out? Please teach me how to configure these two User rights!

P.S. if I don't assign any user rights to a user, they can make local calls no problem but no international.

Shortcodes (SC) work as follows
SC matches the numbers dialed and x means a single digit and N means a undisclosed number of digits
9N means 9 followed by some other digits while 9xxx means 9 followed by 3 digits and then that is it and the system doesn't accept any more digits after that.

Telephone numbers (TN) works as follows
N means all digits dialed for either x or N in the SC field

Line ID is the line ID for your lines you are using but depending on the feature it is not used for codes like barred, paging and lots more

The same holds true for the shortcodes in the ARS
for restrictions you need to separate the callers with user shortcodes and create separate ARS' for each restriction level.

Step 1
create ARS for restricted calls (name it something that identifies it easier for future use when the memory fades) and the added SC in the ARS deviating from the other one would be
SC: 011
Feature: barred

Step 2
create a SC in the users that are not allowed to dial international
9N
Dial
N
Line group ID is the new ARS

if you also want to restrict LD calls then you add
1N
barred as a SC in the new ARS but then allowing toll free needs SC as well

1888N
dial
1888N
line ID

etc for each toll free number (1877, 1800, 1866, 1855)

hope that clarifies it a bit.

the help file in manager is actually quite good if you take what I wrote and look at the help file it will make more sense.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Hi Haltaha, just double check the User Rights are being applied (Apply User Rights Value at the top of the Short Codes tab of User Rights) to ensure that they are being used... also check the user doesnt have specific short codes set.

Shortcodes are matched in the order: System, Rights, User.

We are based in Dubai, so if ever you need help let me know.

Shortcodes are matched in the order: System, Rights, User."

Other way around.
User SC's take first priority, then User Rights SC's, then System SC's.

Correct, sorry hadn't stated from lowest to greatest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back