Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Really bad timekeeping on ACS R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanlent

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
I've read a few posts that mention the overall low quality of the system clock in the ACS phone system, but, I don't know if this problem is related to a poor quality RTC or something worse.. Here goes:

I reset the system time with #103. This was yesterday. Today, when I arrived, the phone was saying it was 4:10AM, when the real time was 7:59AM.

This happens on a daily basis - Every day when I come in, I have to re-set the system time. The amount the clock varies is anywhere from 2 to 6 hours off.

I originally had a Partner 34D phone on x10 for programming. It was a bit too much for everyday use (it's a small location) so I got a MLS-12D instead (and still keep the 34D handy for programming purposes). On the 34D, the system time and date were correct since I had just reset it a couple hours earlier. When I plugged in the MLS-12D, it displayed the time as 40:15 (Actual time was 12:15PM).

The batteries in the system are new; I replaced those a week ago thinking that may be the problem; still no luck.

Also - We have a Voice Messaging PC card - Even if the phone is displaying the correct system time, voicemail messages are being timestamped with the wrong times as well.

Are these issues related to the overall poor RTC quality that I've read about, or could they be related to another problem with the system?

Thanks
//Aeryck

The system time should not be 2 to 6 hours off each day. That is very unusual. The voicemail system gets its timestamps from the processor.

The processor & voicemail may need to be defaulted and then reprogrammed to correct the problem.

There might be some other options out there. Others will chime in. [smile]

i would add a ups infront of the system. it seems that "dirty" power will cycle the time faster. IE there is supposed to be 60 cycles per second which is what gives the time. so if you have alot of spikes or surges then the time will go nts. also the new 7.0 (j i think) software upgrade has the time sync with caller id built into it. its a real nice feature.

ACA & ACS IPO Implementation

Thanks for the tips. I'll try the UPS and see if that has any effect. Unfortunately the CallerID isn't an option as the head honchos that pay the phone bills don't want to include the CallerID feature on our incoming lines.

If the UPS doesn't fix it, I'll try defaulting it and reprogramming it from the ground up. The original installer apparently didn't program a few things right, as he had the messaging system screwed up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back