Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Realitis/iSDX - Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymcd

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2016
GB
Hi again all,
I have another conundrum....
How can I configure an on premises vmail solution for onsite realitis DX (v13.. OS)
Any suggestions?

Currently its connected to a Unify OS4K to deliver hybrid VOIP solution and also Netcall for IVR/ACD.
All routing is via the DX so I guess this is the place to start? If DX is logical answer what are my options?
The DX has never had vmail ever, current solution on analogue connections is multiple local answerphones...eeekkk!!!

Progressing a switch to VOIP so would like enable a basic vmail solution.
Netcall does have messenger+ vmail but equally ignored and sparingly used/configured.
At present Netcall vmail (messenger+) will ONLY work for int calls via ACD....

All options considered on premise/hosted or develop an existing present solution to deliver basic functionality.

Thanks

For voicemail on DX to Netcall,

either set the RI RE and BE BI (R = forward on no answer, B = forward on busy) to the check messages extension on Netcall.

The other way is to configure SPIDG using RSSP SPIDG so it contains the check messages number.
RSSP requires the number to be in PV format.
Use PBO to convert first and then PV to convert again.

Then it would be RIVU <extn> to enable voicemail and RIVU <extn> N to remove.

By default Netcall only sends one MWI message type but they can send multiple if required at a cost. Similarly Netcall can change DPNSS to SIP at a cost, but we upgraded from SEMAP+ to Liberty instead and moved to SIP at that time. (Netcall was moved from DX to CUCM at that time as well).

Personally I would stick with messenger+ rather than buying another platform.
It works well, is free of charge and has some good features such as emailing users (with or wihout attached message) on new voicemails, autoforward and escalation rules for multiple emails, bulletin only voicemail so there is a message but callers can't leave a message.
Never had an issue with external calls not going to voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back