Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Real World Ssytems Requirements for PDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktigre

MIS
Mar 14, 2002
US
Can anyone point me a direction as to how to calculate the Disk Requirements for a Primary Domain Controler as well as a Secondary? We are just beginning our setup of Active Directory, but when it's all done it will be 350+ users, in the domain and the domain will be subordinant to one in our corporate office.

Thanks,
Chris

MS Viewpoint:

Real World... We have over 3,000 users and computers in our AD database and our NTDS.dit file is less than 100MB's

I would'nt worry about the size of your AD database... we have a 9GB drive allocated for AD...I don't think we'll ever come close to using it....plus even if we did, it is possible to easily move the database and log files to a new disk. Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back