Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Real Time Reporting Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS1233

Technical User
Jan 26, 2011
US
Real Time Reporting seems to have stopped working on machines that are outside of the same subnet of the symposium call center server.

Example:
Symposium Call Center Server,IP: 10.21.2.xxx = works fine
PC#1, IP: 10.21.2.xxx = works fine.

PC#2, IP: 10.21.17.xxx = does not work.

-Historical reporting works fine outside of the subnet.
-We are able to ping the server from any subnet on the network.
-We are able to connect and log in through "-There have been no changes to the router or firewall on the network.
-No changes to the symposium Call center server

Error:

"The system could not retrieve any data from the server because either the server connection is down, or there are currently no applications logged in. If the server connection is working, then try launching the display again later."

Any ideas?

This sounds like a multi-cast issue.
1.) On the CCMS, check the Multicast Address and Port Configuration application.
a.) Check the TTL, it should be 64.

2.) On the CCMA, check the Real-Time Reporting configuration.
a.) If your transmission options is set to Multicast only, check Multicast and Unicast and set the session count to something reasonable for your application.
b.) Check the Restart Ream Time Reporting Service, and click OK.

Run a real time report from outside your server subnet and look for the sympob at the top of the report which will tell you if you are getting the report via multicast (M) or unicast (U). If the report works, but you get the unicast icon, then you have an issue routing multicast on your network.

Thanks mte0910.

1.) I applied this change, it was previously set to "2" and changed it to "64" like you suggested.

Nothing changed, still unable to view the report.

2.) Both (M) and (U) were already selected to run. I did however restart this service.

Nothing has changed. Same error.

Note: The network admin mentioned we have never enabled multicasting on our network.

Could it be a Unicast issue? and if so, how would we trouble shoot that?

From my experience it is network issue, RTD packages are not allowed to pass the subnets.

Talk with your network admin and install an ethereal software on PC/Server to see the RTD packages that are dropped by router/firewall.

We fixed the issue. So I searched around google for “Unicast Symposium” and ran into the article below:

Basically, they were having the same issue and suggested to comment out the “LogMessages” line from the RTDService.ASP file. After doing so, the reports started to work fine.

The strange part is that from looking at the original RTDService.ASP file (before I made the change suggested), it shows last modified date of 06/06/2006 so it doesn’t appear to have changed as of lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back