Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Real Time Data API 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oruvan

Technical User
Aug 5, 2004
US
We have a symposium software in house, interested in setting up email alerts when Calls Waiting is > 5 etc..This information is available only in the real time cache and is not stored in the database.

I was told there is a C language API to interface with the real time data is available. Any pointers in this area or alternate ways to setup SMTP alerts is appreciated.

We also have Syposium and I would be interested in the C API as well. Since we didn't know about this a couple months ago when we upgraded to Symposium, we instead wrote a custom application to interpret the free Symon Server packets being broadcast to Symonview. The application I called SymonTransaltor inserts the skillset information into our Oracle database from which our Edify IVR reads the information for caller hold time information.

Of particular interest to you may be something else I did a few weeks ago. I setup a web page on our intranet that allows Call Center supervisors to add alert thresholds for skillsets. There is then an Oracle trigger on each skillset so that when the data changes it checks the skillset thresholds to see if one was crossed and if it was it sends an email or a page to the appropriate people.

I know this was a somewhat high level overview, but hopefully it will be of some benefit.

To my knowledge, it's only available by purchase from Nortel ($395 I believe). Order forms can be found in the open developer partner section.

It costs $500 to become an open developer and then most of the API's are about $400 bucks a piece. This is yet another reason why Nortels stock is in the crapper right now. (I came into telphony from the linux world) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back