Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

real scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrysr

Technical User
Sep 9, 2005
US
How do I print at real scale? If I shoot an object that measures 2" wide, how do I get it to print 2" wide?

Thanks

If the background isn't important, you could use the crop tool. It the tool options, you can specify a width, e.g. 2", and crop it right down.

There is also the Measure tool (hold down the eyedropper tool to see it). This can be used to tell you the current size of the object, and with a few simple calculations, you should be able to work out how much to resize the image to get the dimensions you need. For example, if you measure your 2" object, and it's 1" in Photoshop, then go to Image > Image Size... Change the width units to "percent", and enter 200%.

Have you checked Image menu/Size/Document size? That's the print size. Make sure you use inches for the dimensions on that.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back