Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ready to remove 5.5 server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blubomber

MIS
Dec 27, 2001
US
I am completing my migration to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. I have moved all the mail boxes and public folders. I have my smtp connector setup on the 2003 server and smtp mail is being routed through it. I also have OWA running off the new server. I have read and printed out several MS KB articles concerning removing the last 5.5 server.

Does anyone have any quick tips about what to look out for when removing the last 5.5 server? Are there some services in need to add to the 2003 server to make sure mail flows smoothly both from the inside and outside?

Thank you for any help and guidance.

I'm at the exact same spot as you. Any chance you can get a hold of me, maybe we can work though this last part together.

I am alittle confused about a couple of things. Let me know

Thanks,
Shane
sgardner@bbpsd.com

Hi

I think you need to synchronize the system folders (sched+) through EMS in addition to the mailboxes and public folders.

You also have to disable the Site Replication Service (SRS)

Right. I had to replicate the offline address list, OAB Version 2 and Free/Busy before I could move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back