Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reading XML stored in POST data

Status
Not open for further replies.

emozley

Technical User
Jan 14, 2003
GB
Hi,

I am trying to write a web service in ASP classic which will trigger an e-mail alert when XML data is received from a printer.

After much investigation I have found the data is posted with the name "XML_String" and so I can display it in my email by saying

<% = Request.Form("XML_String") %>

I have another web service that works with XML that arrives in a different way and uses the following code:

Code:
set docReceived = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM") 
docReceived.async = False 
docReceived.load Request 

'Convert the date to SQL format
SQLDate=DatePart("yyyy", Date()) & "/" & DatePart("m", Date()) & "/" & DatePart("d", Date())

'Use the hostname to get an AssetID 
MakeAndModel = docReceived.getElementsByTagName("sys:DeviceIdentification").item(0).childNodes(0).text
MachineName = docReceived.getElementsByTagName("sys:CustomerInformation").item(0).childNodes(0).text
ControlPanelMessage = docReceived.getElementsByTagName("sys:DeviceInformation").item(0).childNodes(2).text

How can I adapt this so it uses XML_String instead?

Thanks very much

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back