Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reading Results from DDQ form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axle100

Programmer
Nov 24, 2008
AU
I am trying to read the results of DDQ form. I can open the form, enter search data and execute it. I can then execute the command to view the detail. The detail view is displayed but I can not read or control any data or commands on the form.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Below is the code I have thus far...

Dim objDDQ541 As ddq541.MimsApplication
Dim iRow As Integer
Dim strReqID As String
Dim strReqDesc As String
Dim frm As Object
Dim cmd As Object
Dim ind As Object

Set objDDQ541 = New ddq541.MimsApplication
objDDQ541.Session.Login 1, fasle
objDDQ541.New
objDDQ541.ActivateDefaultView

iRow = 2
Do While Worksheets(2).Cells(iRow, 1).Value

objDDQ541.SearchView.Inputs(0, "EquipRef") = Worksheets(2).Cells(iRow, 2).Value
objDDQ541.SearchView.Inputs(0, "Status") = "U"
objDDQ541.SearchView.Inputs(0, "Classification") = "EF"
objDDQ541.SearchView.Inputs(0, "SearchMethod") = "A"
objDDQ541.SearchView.StartSearch
'Go through the results
For i = 0 To objDDQ541.SearchView.OutputInstances - 1

Worksheets(2).Cells(iRow, 12).Value = Worksheets(2).Cells(iRow, 12).Value & objDDQ541.SearchView.Outputs(i, "RequestId") & " - " & objDDQ541.SearchView.Outputs(i, "RequestIdD1") & Chr(10)
'Debug.Print objDDQ541.SearchView.OutputNames(i) & "= " & objDDQ541.SearchView.Outputs(i, objDDQ541.SearchView.OutputNames(i))
objDDQ541.SearchView.Activate

Set cmd = objDDQ541.Commands.Item("detail")
cmd.Inputs(0, "RequestId") = objDDQ541.SearchView.Outputs(i, "RequestID")
'objDDQ541.Commands.Item("detail").Inputs(0, "RequestId") = objDDQ541.SearchView.Outputs(i, "RequestID")
cmd.Modeless = True
'objDDQ541.Commands.Item("Detail").Modeless = True
cmd.Execute
'objDDQ541.Commands.Item("Detail").Execute
Set frm = objDDQ541.DetailViews.Item(0)
frm.Activate
objDDQ541.DetailViews.Item(0).Activate

'Search Command
objDDQ541.Commands.Item("search").Modeless = True
'objDDQ541.Commands.Item("search").Inputs(0, "RequestId") = ""
'objDDQ541.Commands.Item("search").Inputs(0, "Location") = ""
objDDQ541.Commands.Item("search").Inputs(0, "EquipRef") = objDDQ541.SearchView.Outputs(i, "RequestID")
'objDDQ541.Commands.Item("search").Inputs(0, "EquipNo") = ""
objDDQ541.Commands.Item("search").Execute

Next i
iRow = iRow + 1
Loop
'EnumObject objDDQ541 'Read the data to see what is there
'EnumCommands objDDQ541

For i = 0 To objDDQ541.Commands.Item("detail").OutputNameCount - 1
'Debug.Print objDDQ541.Commands.Item("Search").OutputNames(i) & " = " & objDDQ541.Commands.Item("Search").Outputs(0, objDDQ541.Commands.Item("Search").OutputNames(i))
Debug.Print objDDQ541.Commands.Item("Detail").OutputNames(i) & " = " & objDDQ541.Commands.Item("Detail").Outputs(0, objDDQ541.Commands.Item("Detail").OutputNames(i))
'Debug.Print objDDQ541.Commands.Item("Search").InputNames(i) & " = " & objDDQ541.Commands.Item("search").Inputs(1, objDDQ541.Commands.Item("search").InputNames(i))
'Debug.Print cmd.OutputNames(i) & " = " & cmd.Outputs(i, cmd.OutputNames(i))
Next i

objDDQ541.Quit
ClearObject objDDQ541
'***********

Cheers,

Alex

I haven't ever tried to run a "Q" (I'm assuming a DDQ541 is your version of a Mincom MSQ541) application by code and to get information from it - sounds like an innovative idea.

An alternative may be to call the Mincom Object "behind" the DDQ541 application. Mincom have a product called Mincom Connector which is a wrapper (mimsx.dll) which exposes a COM interface to the Mincom MSO programs and the Mincom MSK programs (the Mincom Objects). There are a number of other posts in this forum which relate to Connector questions.

I'm guessing (by the "541" numbers in DDQ541) that you're after work request information, and in the copy of Connector doco I have I can see a Mincom Object called "WORKREQUEST". It has a method of "Retrieve" which would probably return the info you're after (without the overhead of running the DDQ application).

Thanks Phil,

I will have a look at it. You were correct in assuming that it is related to the wok request (custom modified form).

Unfortunately I have limited access to the relative documentation, so any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex

It's really worth trying to get your hands on the Mincom Connector doco and some code examples. Officially they need to come from Mincom. Someone at your organisation may already have the doco.

Things you can do without doco:

1. Run msqmom.exe.
This lives in the "bin" folder where the other Mincom Ellipse client programs reside (ie. all the other msqxxx.exe programs). The msqmom (M=Mincom, O=Object, M=Model) shows a view of all the Classes(Objects) and Operations(Methods) which exist.

2. View Ellipse Data "OBMH" table via MSO010
This data is the "link" which translates the Object/Method (as seen in msqmom) to the cobol back-end program (ie the MSKxxx.CBL)

3. See if there are code samples on other threads
Here is an example of an EQUIPMENT.Retrieve

Excellent! You have provided me with a great starting point. I had already started to play with the example you pointed me to. I just wasn't able to link them to the object model.

Thanks for all your help!

Cheers,

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back